LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, February 17, 2012

More Ramblings....

Well I am headed back to my favorite place, Atlanta! I get to get some more body art by Melvin Todd. And see an Art show at City Of Ink. I swear if i lived in Atlanta id be marked up like a subway in harlem - sorry had to use that line. Lets hope I dont cry this time when I have to come home. I leave Wednesday morning! I have 3 days off of work next week. Much needed to say the least. I totally expect to lose weight since I know when I am vacationing I always forget to eat! I hope I can finally get under the 200 lb mark. Anyway, me going on vacation allows me to clear my mind. I come back in a better space. I hope that me getting away from this allows me to also come back and get on track with the gym. I really need to stop playing around and just do it.
Speaking of clearing my mind. Being a mother to a teenaged girl is hard work! I never ever imagined it would be as hard as it has been. While it isnt as bad as other mothers Ive heard horror stories about, its tough work. I am 32, shes 13. Sometimes I have to remember that we are learning together. She speaks with me about issues with school. And I try to guide her in the right direction. But she is a miss know it all, as was I when I was her age. Boys are becoming an issue. I tell her not to be in a rush to grow up, she will wish she had her kid years back. But what do I know. In her eyes I was never in her place. Nevermind I met her father when I was 14. Got pregnant with her at 17 and had her at 18. I never got the chance to be a young adult. I was a mother of two by 20 and a wife with kids by 21. I just hope she sees me and realizes I do know what I am talking about.
Woah that turned into a mini venting session. Anyway time for me to go to bed, I am sleepy!
XOXO
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment